Professionals can help entrepreneurs get ‘unstuck’
By Lebohang Thulo from SME South Africa
Lungisa Sonqishe is Cape Town based certified business coach who runs her own consulting coaching business, 3Eleven11. She specialises in personal, branding, life and career coaching.
Sonqishe is careful to point that while a business coach can play a role in business success, commitment from an entrepreneur is still required.
“In order for small businesses and beginning entrepreneurs to succeed in their chosen endeavours, they should have passion for what they do. That is the biggest secret for success.”
We speak to Sonqishe about some of the issues a business coach can help a startup founder with.
When would an entrepreneur know that it’s time to approach a business coach for help?
Business coaching is not only for when things are going badly, but also for many other aspects of your business.
However, a typical ‘coachee’ would have problems in the following areas:
- Struggling to get costumers or clients (or seeing a decline in the number).
- Ineffective marketing strategies (or always sticking with the old-school approach).
- Having no motivation or drive to make the business work.
- Inability to successfully communicate with the right market in the right way.
- Problems with work overload.
- Procrastination and unaccountability.
- Feeling a lack of creativity or imagination to help your business standout.
- Feeling like they have too much competition.
What are some of the benefits for entrepreneurs and small business owners with regards to business coaching?
The most important benefit of hiring a coach, by far, is helping you focus on your goals. Therefore, having an idea for a business is one thing, but keeping it running smoothly and effectively is another.
People often feel overwhelmed easily. They try to perform too many tasks all at once and this leaves them with the feeling of ‘chasing their own tail’. A business coach will help you to focus and achieve those goals.
However, first you need to know what those goals are for your business. A coach will not only help you focus on your goals, but would assist you to become crystal clear on what those goals are. When you have a map of where you are going, it’s easier to reach your destination.
Read more here